that’s how I wanna go
The Senate Committee on Foreign Relations just approved the CRPD this morning by a vote of 12-6. Now it goes on to the full Senate for a vote, where it is expected to be voted down by Republicans. If you live in the US, tell your Senators to vote for it!
See this is actually a really neat look at how history works.
Who writes the history books?
There is a magical lake in the Rock Islands of Palau where you can swim with the jellyfish worry-free.
The lake became a tourist attraction and people can go swimming and snorkeling with them.
The jellyfish lost their stingers over the years because they don’t need them to fight off predators.
I want someone to write a book where Mermaids are the women thrown off ships when the sailors got afraid because having a woman on the boat is bad luck. And as they sink to the bottom legs tied together they change slowly until they can breath, until they can use their tied up legs to swim. And they drown sailors in revenge, luring them in by singing in their husky voices still stinging from the salt water they breathed.
someone please write this
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman#and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18#that was all reviewers could see about her#even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well#and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date#the moment she was a legal adult
a reminder to please please please let me know if i’ve been gross or something because forreal
the struggle to unlearn shit is real as fuck and i make mistakes
i’m not perfect and i still do gross shit and i’m working on being a better person and creating safe places for people
i see so many posts that are like “ahhh a friend of mine did something gross and i don’t know how to tell them” like if i’m ever that person please let me know